Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School welcomes families needing assistance to apply for financial aid for the upcoming year. It is our intent that MCPS remains affordable for all families who wish to give their children a Catholic education. However, aid is limited and the Advisory Council, based on the yearly budget, decides the amount of financial aid, which is to be dispersed.
Assistance is intended for grades K-12. Students at the K4 level are not eligible for financial aid. The amount of the financial award is need based and is for partial tuition only. It does not apply to registration fees, capital assessment, books, uniforms, class fees, laptop fees, or any other expense that is not deemed tuition.
Assistance is for one year; renewal must be requested annually. Successful re-application will be determined on need, the availability of funds, family in good standing with the business office, student remains in good standing academically and socially, parents maintain positive relationship with the school community, and application deadline is met.
Process for Applying for Financial Assistance:
- Students must be accepted for the year in which tuition assistance is being requested.
- Registration fee must be paid for the year in which tuition assistance is being requested.
- Families should be current with the business office or arrangements must be agreed upon and signed by both parties.
- Tuition Contract must be signed and submitted to the business office unless enrollment is dependent upon financial assistance.
- Complete the online MCPS Financial Assistance Application and submit to the business office.
- Complete the online Tuition Assistance Application from Smart Aid, which will help to determine that family’s expected contribution for the upcoming year.
- CURRENT FAMILIES MUST HAVE ALL FORMS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED BY MARCH 15. Late submissions will not be reviewed until after all other applicants have been awarded and potentially could result in no awarding of aid due to lack of funds.
- Families receiving aid will be sent a notification letter specifying total awarded financial aid and requesting dates to meet with the president to sign award letter and any other required documents.