Child Protection Training - For New and Returning Volunteers
For NEW volunteers who have not completed Child Protection training:
The next Child Protection training will be held on Wednesday, August 28 at 6:30PM at the High School Campus, 5350 Vaughn Road 36116.
The Safe Environments Program (Child Protection training) is required of all employees, all volunteers who have substantial contact with minors, and all clergy. The objective of the program is to provide specific training in the prevention, recognition and reporting of child abuse, as well as specific training in providing for safe environments for minors enrolled in Archdiocesan sponsored activities.
The 2019 Monthly Training Schedule may be found here.
In order to complete the initial training, you must:
- Log onto CMGConnect to create an online account. (Instructions for creating an account may be found here.)
- Complete the online Initial Live Safe Environment Training & Background Check Curriculum
- Attend an Initial Training Class (Pre-Registration is MANDATORY for attendance.)
- If you have any questions, please call Leanne Oberkirch 251-434-1559.
For returning volunteers who have completed training before:
We have a new system for Child Protection Retraining. It requires that you have an CMGConnect on-line account. Since you have previously trained, an account has already been set up for you. This is how you access that account.
- If you have visited the CMGConnect site before, use your existing user name and password.
- If this is your first time accessing your CMGConnect account, you can access it by entering the following information:
- When asked for your username, type in your FirstName.LastName.AOM.
- When asked for your password, type in 1234.
- If the system does not recognize you, try the following fixes:
- You may have the same name as someone else in the system – when asked for your user name, type FirstName.MiddleInitial.LastName.AOM
- You may have entered your nickname – when asked for your user name, type your legal FirstName.LastName.AOM
- If you know it has been more than two years since your last training/retraining, you must create a new account and attend an initial training class.
- If you have not visited your CMGConnect account before, you will be prompted to update your password. Once you have entered and saved your new password, the system will log you out and require you to sign in again using your user name and new
- Start the 2019 RENEWAL Training for Clergy/Employees or Volunteers depending on your role.
- Click here to begin your retraining: https://mobile.cmgconnect.org/users/sign_in
If you have any trouble logging into your account, please contact the Office for the Protection of Minors and Adults at 251-434-1559.